Friday 21 November 2008

My first hanglar card




Here I have been lucky to get a shot of one of my pal's Hanglar/Stanglar stamps. They are very cute, very swedish. I really like this one with the candle. Used promarkers again and a mix of papers; the christmas tree one is Contemporary christmas by Dovecraft and the distressed looking plain colour ones are from archaic by basic greay (the dinosaur one), ribbon and flower embellishment from stash. I wanted the background colours to be quite dard so it would create a christmassy atmosphere on the card with the little boy with the lantern. Have to figure out who is getting this card for christmas. Have loads now, but not decided who will get which...hahah...suppose I should concentrate on doing some christmas shopping...it's nearly december...PANIC!! Hahah...no my kids get one big present each on christmas and a few smaller ones. I am not one to go mad at christmas. It's more about family and being together and having a good time, and stuffing our faces!!! I always make a swedish christmas lunch for Tom's family (his mum, dad and 4;5 of his brothers) That is one thing I really miss from Sweden, the food. Specially on the 13th of december, when we celebrate Lucia in Sweden and eat "lussebullar". Have a look at my bloggerpal Ankis recipe for these yummy buns! Swedish lucia buns Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Tonniece said...

Great papers you are using on your cards, They are so pretty.
This is a super sweet card and love the way you colored it in.
there will be one lucky reciever on the end of this card..

jenny said...

Wonderful card, I love the cute image and the ribbon opening x

Jennyx