Friday 28 November 2008

Stripy tin



This is a tin I made for my friend Lisa's niece Lauren. She is in primary 6 or 7 I think so it had to be a bit more grown up than the other tins I have made recently. The tin was a freebie from work and I have used DCWV rosetinted christmas papers and handcut flowers out of the papers and handcut some scrolls aswell. Buttons from stash. I know I made a mistake not using darker papers on the font but I have given the tin to her already so can't do anything about it. It would be nice if the font stood out more but she liked it anyway. I suppose you learn all the time, even more when you make something and realise some of it wasn't the way you wanted...oh well, practise makes perfect. Sorry about the rubbish photos, my hubby had the camera today again. He keeps on taking photos when he stops for a break when he is out in his van. Typical...I neeed that camera...lol...Can't believe the weekend is already here. Got a busy day tomorrow, going to a pal's for another mural quote (had two this week already..jikes!) and then taking the boys to play at another friends house and she is making her famous spicy curry...I am so lucky...Martina you are such a good cook. I am well gonna steal all her recipes...lol....anyways have a good one, I know you all are sitting up in the small hours crafting like myself...lol...see you tomorrow.xxxxx

3 comments:

Kathy said...

What a fab tin,
I bet Lauren loves it, having somewhere like that to stash away all your important bits and pieces is a great thing when you're a kid!

Actually, it's just as great when you're a big kid!

Rach said...

an awesome tin love the papers that you have used to cover it and the lovely details..perfect. hugs rachxx

Dianne said...

Lovley tin the embelishments are great and I'm sure she will love it.Funny when we look at our work in a photo is when we notice these things, but the thing is no one else does..
Congrats on the murals, good luck with those..